ViraxCare to offer 20% discount on PPE supplies to all UK registered charities
ViraxCare, the PPE distribution platform of Global Care Capital (CSE:HLTH), has provided over 80,000 disposable 3-ply masks and over 10,000 pairs of gloves to Big Issue vendors across the country. The masks and gloves were specifically modified for delivery in boxes of 20 so individual vendors have their own supply of PPE for a six-week period, taking them into the winter months.
This latest order of PPE from The Big Issue was discounted by 20%, a discount that ViraxCare is now offering to all UK registered charities until the end of 2020*. ViraxCare initially donated a smaller order of PPE to The Big Issue including masks and gloves in July of this year.
Chris Falchi-Stead, Director of Sales & Operations at The Big Issue, commented, “We have taken measures including the provision of PPE, with the generous support of ViraxCare, and contactless card payment equipment, as well as introducing stringent health and safety procedures in all our offices to ensure the safety of vendors and customers. Since 6th July, our magazines have also been be coated with anti-microbial product for increased hygiene.
“The measures taken have meant the public can buy with confidence and the vendors can continue to earn a legitimate income in the safest circumstances possible, ensuring vendors are financially included, now and in the future.”
Vendors will be strongly encouraged to wear all the PPE provided by The Big Issue, however there may be a health reason why a vendor may not be able to wear a mask.
James Foster, CEO of ViraxCare, commented, “We have a close relationship with The Big Issue and are really pleased to be able to support vendors across the country through the provision of our 3-ply masks and gloves. This builds on our initial donation at a smaller scale provided in July. We have also decided to extend the 20% ongoing discount we’ve offered to The Big Issue to registered charities across the UK which we hope will help them provide PPE to staff during these challenging times.”
ViraxCare PPE is aimed at businesses and organisations that want to purchase PPE products in bulk. UK registered charities can purchase any PPE products from ViraxCare, including its EPE (Employee Protection Equipment) box and top up boxes, at a 20% discount* by emailing email@example.com.
*20% discount does not apply to shipping charges
*Subject to minimum order of £100
Notes to Editors
ViraxCare is an e-commerce platform focused on direct distribution of ViraxCare branded PPE to businesses and individuals globally through its website www.viraxcare.com. It aims to minimise the risks of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and other viruses throughout the world through the provision of high-quality PPE at competitive prices. KN95 masks, 3-ply disposable masks, nitrile gloves, infrared thermometers, pulse oximeters and wipes are just some of the medical equipment and PPE available on www.viraxcare.com for direct sale. ViraxCare is a subsidiary of Global Care Capital (CSE: HTLH), listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange.
About The Big Issue
• The Big Issue is a social enterprise whose mission is to deliver a world that works for everyone. Creating and offering self-help and sustainable business solutions that dismantle poverty now and for future generations
• The Big Issue is an award-winning weekly entertainment and current affairs magazine, which offers a new hope for homeless and vulnerably housed people across the UK. When vendors are able to sell, they buy magazines for £1.50 and sell to the public for £3, keeping the difference. In this way the magazine provides them with the means to earn a legitimate income.
• Vendors come from a variety of backgrounds and face a range of issues, but all are experiencing the effects of poverty. Upon becoming a Big Issue vendor they receive training, are allocated a fixed pitch from which to vend, and must agree to adhere to a code of conduct whilst selling the magazine.
• Since its launch in 1991, over 200 million copies of The Big Issue magazine have been sold by over 100,000 vulnerable people.
• For further information please go to www.bigissue.com